What does hypnosis make you think of? Counting backward from 10? Going to sleep? Someone watching an object as it sways back and forth? These are media-generated myths, perpetuated by movies and fictional novels.
While it’s taken some time, hypnosis for weight loss is gaining respect as a proven strategy to shed pounds.
Here, we’ll look at 10 ways hypnotherapy can help you lose weight and keep it off.
Does Hypnotherapy Work for Weight Loss?
Have you ever considered how much of a role your brain plays in your food choices, motivation, and determination?
Weight loss hypnotherapy takes a direct look at how the brain affects your relationship with food and your health choices. Hypnosis can help encourage a positive shift in how you deal with cravings, loss of motivation, and setbacks.
Who Is Weight Loss Hypnotherapy Ideal For?
Is weight loss hypnotherapy right for me? Regardless of who you are or where you are on your weight loss journey, the answer is a simple ‘yes’.
When dedication if weight loss hypnotherapy is right for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Have you been trying to lose weight by going on a diet or hitting the gym, but you’re not getting the result you want?
- Are you facing emotional blocks?
- Do you constantly find yourself in a cycle of self-sabotage?
- Do you find yourself falling into old habits or frustrated with a lack of progress?
What Are the Benefits of Hypnotherapy for Weight Loss?
Below are 10 of the top reasons to include weight loss hypnotherapy as part of your efforts to get healthier.
1. It Helps You Fight Cravings Naturally
Hypnotherapy’s mind-over-matter approach helps you transition away from unhealthy junk food and snacks while naturally gravitating toward healthier options.
By helping to re-train your brain to focus on your ideal body weight and shape, it acts as a motivational tool so you can fight off cravings and make healthier choices.
2. Harnesses Your Power
Weight loss hypnotherapy focuses on the belief that you already have the answers to your problems – you just need help accessing them. Hypnosis for weight loss can help you harness your innate power and encourage you to trust in your abilities.
3. Making Healthy Food Choices Becomes Automatic
Weight loss hypnotherapy can help you:
- Stop relying on diet supplements or restrictive eating habits
- Avoid fad diets
- Naturally encourage your brain to gravitate toward the right foods
- Create a positive shift in your fundamental mindset toward food
- Tap into your subconscious mind to help it work for you rather than against you
4. Take Advantage of the Power of Visualisation
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right”.
This famous quote from Henry Ford captures the power held by our attitudes and internal beliefs.
Hypnosis for weight loss helps directly shift your internal beliefs so you can visualize yourself meeting and maintaining your weight loss goals.
5. It Promotes Confidence In Yourself and Your Abilities
Do you find yourself thinking:
- I’ll never figure out how to stop binge eating
- I can’t lose this weight no matter what I do
- I always mess up
- I can never stick to a diet
- Why can’t I lose this weight?
- I’ll never get healthy
- I just don’t have the discipline needed to get healthy
- Why do I turn to food to deal with my problems rather than facing them?
If you are stuck in these negative cycles of thinking, hypnotherapy can help rewire your thinking process and replace it with a new, positive attitude.
6. It Helps You Accentuate the Positive
While you may be tempted to try and lose weight by thinking about how too much food makes you feel sluggish or how guilty certain foods make you feel, it’s better to replace this negative focus with a positive one.
Hypnotherapy for weight loss can help you come up with positive mantras to focus on, such as:
- I love my body and I want to fuel it with healthy foods
- My body deserves to be healthy
- I owe it to my body to respect and nourish it
- I will not burden my body with too much food
- I am capable of feeding my body exactly what it needs
- I am capable of getting healthy and feeling great
7. It Helps You Feel Satisfied With Less Food
Recent research revealed that many Australians are eating bigger portions of junk food than ever before. Weight loss hypnotherapy can help train your brain to naturally feel satisfied with appropriate portions.
8. Take Advantage of Multiple Strategies
Two techniques are better than one? In the case of hypnosis for weight loss, this is true.
Weight loss hypnotherapy can be an ideal complement to cognitive-behavioural therapy (CBT), making this duo a powerful combination for losing weight and maintaining weight loss for a lifetime.
9. It Helps Encourage You To Exercise
Regular exercise is a key part of losing weight and being healthy. But it can be tough to find the motivation to get to the gym.
Hypnosis for weight loss can help you achieve a positive mental outlook regarding exercise and fitness.
10. Results Continue to Build
Just as your results at the gym get better when you put in more sessions, the same goes for weight loss hypnotherapy.
While one hypnosis session is a great way to get started on your weight loss journey, regular sessions can help continue to transform your relationship with food, support your weight loss efforts, and solidify sustainable results.
Do You Want Help Losing Weight?
If you’ve tried and failed to lose weight or are tired of struggling with an unhealthy relationship with food, you aren’t alone.
Stellar Hypnotherapy’s mission is to help you achieve optimal health by tapping into the subconscious mind to correct various emotional, physical, and spiritual imbalances and providing you with comprehensive, lifelong wellness solutions.
Hypnosis is a proven way to address a variety of health conditions. Along with weight loss, we’ve helped hundreds of clients successfully address:
- Emotional Eating
- Binge Eating
- Alcohol Addiction
- Smoking Addiction
- Anxiety, Fears and Phobias
- Confidence Issues
- Motivation Issues
- Bad Habits
- Overall Wellness
Get started on your journey to becoming a healthier and better you, Book an Appointment. Take the first step. Today!